Our client, a leading consultancy organisation who provide programme and project management of multi-discipline rail operations investment projects are looking to appoint commercially aware, dynamic, proactive Programme Managers to manage key assignments.
As an experienced commercial Programme Manager (Preferably with Rail Operations experience) you will have demonstrable experience of managing high value commercial projects, which will enable you to apply expert knowledge of project consultancy disciplines in a variety of situations.
You will ideally be degree level educated with 6+ years experience of delivering high value programmes. As a Programme Manager you will be expected to provide advice, recommendations, analysis, proposals, reviews, mentoring, development or introduction of skills, methods or change into an existing team or structure.
The Programme Manager, who may not necessarily be responsible for the ultimate delivery of the client’s project, will have excellent leadership skills, client liaison / management skills and a proven track. You will be flexible, with the ability to work on projects across the UK and potentially worldwide.
The role of Programme Manager is to bridge the gap between “Strategic Policy” and “Project Implementation” by offering the requisite skills, experience, foresight and attention to detail such that they you able to provide:
- Impartial advice and a customised service to assist the clients’ decision making
- Dynamic, tailored, proactive consulting services capable of implementing solutions in a cost effective manner
- Thoughtfully designed solutions to both successfully meet the client’s business objectives and for them to feel confident in their decisions
Programme Managers are expected to offer advice and support taking account of:
- The client’s operational priorities
- The context in which the client operates
- The range of possible solutions to a client’s problems
- Knowledge transfer needs and requirements
Programme Managers are expected to be conversant with a full range of programme and project management, implementation and integration skills underpinned by relevant industry standards.
These shall include, but not be limited to, programme and project management methodologies, based upon PRINCE, PMS and APM, as well as quality control, technical due diligence and project assurance services.
The Programme Manager will also be expected to engage in the development and expansion of business possibilities with both existing and new clients.
Area: South East England
Location: Surrey based with potential UK / WW Assignments
Salary Guide: To £65K + Competitive Benefits Package
Start Date: ASAP
- Project Strategy
- Project Management methods, controls, templates and processes.
- Helping to raise the general awareness of methods and processes in client organisations by briefing senior management, especially project board members but also including other key groups.
- Management Information Systems (requirements, specification and implementation)
- Project Support Office (requirement establishment, set up and handover)
- Support to a new project team and/or project manager to assist with the creation of plans & controls, etc.
- Contract and Commercial Management: finance advisory service
- Quality Assurance / Quality Management / Quality Audit
- Risk Management & Issue Management
- Pre-Project training/mentoring needs analysis – enhancing the ability of client staff
- Systems Integration mentoring
- Conducting project ‘health-checks’ and/or more formal project audits and reviews
- Providing an on-going assurance role for projects.
- Project and organisational due diligence
- Full project lifecycle support
- A degree level education or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a project management, programme management, commercial management or business management environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills