The financial services industry is looking forward and in the recent PWC CEO Survey, the main areas of focus will include:
- Drive to develop new products and services for customers especially digitally led.
- Large scale changes including BREXIT, MiFID II, Ring Fencing and PRIIPS
- Increased corporate investment in IT
- Surge in plans to recruit in business-as-usual operational posts as well as change and project professionals.
The financial services industry in the UK has a large and diverse portfolio of work ahead – both keeping the lights on and delivering changes.
Project professionals in the UK today are working on a diverse range of programmes and projects across the financial services industry.
Programmes and Projects within the Finance and Banking Sector
Projects within the finance sector have to be delivered correctly: the industry deals with other people’s money and all results are scrutinised whether it be an account statement or insurance schedule it must be right and exhibit an audit trail.
Changes in governance procedures or recommendation from the FSA can create complex changes that need careful planning and management to ensure deliverable meet legislation requirements. A Programme approach can often be the solution whereby the solution requires delivery across a number of client-facing businesses and any number of business support services. There are many ways to design the programme; however one single business unit needs to be in charge and have authority that crosses all business entities to ensure the deliverables are made in timely manner. A programme approach can assist in ensuring that projects are run in accordance with the business objectives of the organisation.
As with any change it likely involves people process systems and technology.
Recruit Project Management Staff with Finance and Banking Knowledge
Arras People has candidates registered with us looking for permanent and interim finance project management and banking project management roles specifically within the finance and banking sector.
Project Management Candidates Available Today
Arras People has registered finance project managers and banking project managers looking for both permanent and interim roles, a significant proportion have skills and experience within the banking and finance sectors.
- Qualified – ACCA, MBA, Project Management (APM, PMI, PRINCE2)
- Financial institution mergers, finance systems project management, finance project management, banking project management, change management programmes