There are two new workshops that you should check out if you’re working in PMO. Both are new offerings from PMO Learning – the training company dedicated to PMO courses and education.
We know that many people struggle with pulling together a decent PMO CV – in the PMO CV Workshop here’s what you can learn:
PMO CV Workshop
- Create the opening profile of a CV which is guaranteed to tick all the boxes and get yourself noticed for all the right reasons. It will focus on understanding your own Unique Selling Points.
- Learn how to write the career history part of your CV – conveying your skills and experiences in the way that hirers want to read. Learn to write about each position in your career – focusing on the facts that prospective employers want to see. You’ll learn about the power of combining responsibilities with key project competencies.
- Include hard hitting key achievements that help you stand out from the competition. Catch attention for specific roles – learn out to mix and match key achievements for maximum impact.
You will leave this session with a clear understanding of what makes a great PMO CV – and have the skills to feel confident in completing your new CV.
PMO Contractor Workshop
Been thinking about going contracting in PMO? Perhaps you’ve already been freelancing for a short while already and want to secure more contracts or better contracts? How about minimising the unintended downtime between contracts?
There’s a lot to think about when you consider the alternatives to working for an organisation on a permanent basis and this session really opens your eyes to just what you need to do to gain a successful contracting career in PMO.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Getting Ready for a PMO Contract learn about all the different aspects of getting ready to start a new PMO contract and how to make a great success in your role.
- The PMO Contractor CV – conveying your skills and experiences in the way that hirers want to read. Learn to write about each position in your career – focusing on the facts that prospective employers want to see. You’ll learn about the power of combining responsibilities with key project competencies.
- Branding and Generating Interest gain insights, tips and tricks for standing out from the crowd; using social media and networking to increase your hiring success rates.
You will leave this session with a clear understanding of what you need to do to make your freelancing career in PMO a success.
PMO Coaching and Mentoring
If it’s more of a 1-2-1 coaching or mentoring session you’re looking for, there are also PMO Coaching and Mentoring Sessions available.
There are career advice sessions available plus on-the-job coaching in areas such as specific PMO functions and services or indeed setting up a PMO for the first time.
PMO Learning are members of Arras People’s training directory – find out more about the different course providers available for project management related courses.