AP-PMO-489: PMO Manager - Waste / Energy
Consultant: Gary Holmes
Published: 25 June 2012 14:23
Salary Detail: £40-50k
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Central London
Region: London - London Central/West End
Industry Sector: Industry and Commerce - Utilities / Energy
Permanent PMO Manager required by our renewable energy start up client based in central London. This is a new role within a rapidly growing organisation with little existing project maturity. As such you will be responsible for implementing best practice project management systems and methods to suit the organisation. You will also work closely with informal Project Managers to support their training needs with regards to Project Management best practice.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced PMO Manager with significant prior experience of setting up PMO’s / Project Offices from scratch. Our client is looking to use Prince2 as a starting point so qualifications / experience in this area would be a distinct advantage. Above all you will have prior experience of establishing a structured Project Management mindset in environments where projects had been run on an ad hoc basis (currently 10+ projects in operation across the organisation). As such you will have a collaborative approach and be able to coach and mentor where required. As part of the role you will hold line management responsibilities for a Project Assistant.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established PMO Manager to make a mark within a new but rapidly growing energy start up. To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter ASAP.
- Monitor the performance of processes to identify areas for optimisation and increased efficiency.
- Assist in the planning, execution and closing of projects.
- Create and execute project plans within the given scope, cost and schedule constraints.
- Ensure that project/process documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- KPI trending analysis to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Support and train team members on the new processes, tools and systems
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
· Flexible approach to work; highly reactive to shifting priorities and demands
· Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks against tough deadlines
· Strong relationship builder
· Team player