AP-PSO-202: Project Support Officer
Consultant: Gary Holmes
Published: 28 March 2012 11:15
Salary Detail: £30,000 – £35,000 + Healthcare, 30 days hols + bank hols
Start Date: ASAP
Region: Anglia - Cambridgeshire
Industry Sector: Technology - IT Infrastructure
Experienced Project Support professional with a background in supporting large programmes of work required for a permanent role based in Cambridge – responsible for all project documentation such as plans, risk and issue logs, change control, action reporting and a particular emphasis on managing globally based stakeholders you will form an integral part of this small project office (PMO).
As a seasoned project support professional you will have good experience of utilising MS Project, MS Office suite (Word, excel etc.) and ideally working knowledge of sharepoint, you will have worked in a structured project environment such as Prince2 / PMI / APM etc and will have had good exposure to coordinating PMO services to globally based stakeholders.
Candidates who have supported large programmes of work within the IT field with exceptional stakeholder experience and have a good awareness of other cultures are invited to apply.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished project support person to join a progressive organisation at a period of substantial growth. The portfolio of projects range from technical IT projects, research and development and continuing the good relations of a globally dispersed network.
To apply for the role please send your current CV and covering note stating your current salary, relevant experience (in particular global stakeholder engagement) and availability to start a new role.
- Maintain and update project documentation such as Risk & Issue logs, Action Plans and financial reports
- Update and maintain project plans
- Be the central point of contact for the Project Office – answering queries on projects to stakeholders and the project team
- Supporting project managers throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Facilitating meetings to gain updates on project status and updating documentation as required
- Adhering to change management procedures ensuring all changes to plans and budgets are recorded throughout the process
- Assist with other duties within the project office as and when required such as assisting with recruiting project staff and related admin
- Exceptional communicator with a good understanding of cultural differences
- Good attention to detail
- All round good “people person”
- Well organised