AP-PM-1287: Project Manager - Education / IT
Consultant: Gary Holmes
Published: 15 March 2012 15:21
Type: Fixed Term (PAYE)
Salary Detail: £35-40k (12 month Fixed term Contract)
Start Date: ASAP
Area: Home Counties
Region: Home Counties - Surrey
Industry Sector: Public Sector - Education
Project Manager required for a 12 month fixed term contract by our education client based in Surrey. Reporting to senior management, you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple, technically oriented business change initiatives, which may include system improvement, infrastructure and software development projects.
First and foremost our client is looking for a Project Manager who can effectively manage diverse stakeholder groups whilst leading technical teams to deliver a variety of solutions. As such, it would be highly beneficial for the candidate to have a background of delivering projects within education or public sector environments. From a Project Management perspective you should have demonstrable experience of working across the full lifecycle, using structured methods such as Prince2.
This is a great opportunity for an established Project Manager with prior exposure to delivering IT oriented projects in education environments. Our client is looking for a fast turnaround so to apply please send your CV and Cover Letter ASAP
- Help evolve the project management offering by introducing new ideas, fresh creative approaches to problem solving and maintaining a ‘big picture’ vision of the business and its processes.
- Contribute to the strategic and technical direction of projects by working as a key part of a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team.
- Create and maintaining project plans based on the agreed approach to meeting stakeholder needs and deadlines.
- Ensure that project stakeholders (internally and externally) are up to date with status and progress against the project plan and budget.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior management.
- Resolve and/or escalateissues in a timely fashion.
- Lead by example
- Ability to motivate, persuade and influence
- Excellent communicator who can work with diverse Stakeholder groups