AP-PM-1281: Project Manager - Business Change / IT Systems
Consultant: Gary Holmes
Published: 22 February 2012 14:03
Type: Fixed Term (PAYE)
Salary Detail: £60-70k
Start Date: ASAP
Area: South East/Southern
Region: South East/Southern - Hampshire
Industry Sector: Technology - IT Services
Senior Project Manager required by our IT services client based in Basingstoke for an initial fixed term of 12 months. Reporting into board level management, you will head up the delivery of a key strategic initiative focussed around major system changes within the organisation. Given the nature of our clients’ customer base, you will work closely with both Government and Private sector customers and internal department heads whilst managing a small but dedicated team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an established Senior Project Manager with demonstrable experience of delivering successful business change. Key deliverables within the role will include an Infrastructure upgrade and new Document Scanning Software amongst other workstreams. As such, exposure to the delivery of .NET systems would be beneficial. Our client currently houses 100 staff in their Basingstoke office and as Project Manager you will be expected to work with a restricted resource pool whilst being able to bring in your own Project Management toolkit. Exposure to managing government stakeholders would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established Project Manager to lead a key strategic project for our client. An attractive salary is being offered to complement the role and our client is looking for as swift a turnaround as possible so to apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter ASAP.
- Proven experience of managing business critical projects
- Exposure to managing both private sector and government stakeholders
- Ability to bring own PM toolkit into an environment of low PM maturity
- Exposure to implementing .NET systems, particularly from a strategic perspective
- Reporting into senior board level whilst managing department heads
- Self starter who is able to run projects under own initiative
- Conflict management skills
- Excellent motivator who is able to quickly fit into a well established team environment