AP-PM-1275: Project Manager - Financial Services
Consultant: Steve Trippier
Published: 14 March 2012 15:00
Salary Detail: To £60,000
Start Date: ASAP
Area: South East/Southern
Region: London - London South East
Industry Sector: Finance - Financial Services
Experienced IT Project Manager ideally with a background in Financial Services required for on a permanent basis in Croydon – managing a portfolio of small concurrent projects from new till systems to implementing sharepoint and reporting systems you will enhance and build on an existing project team (3 others) and bring your best practice approach to the organisation.
As a seasoned professional with the battle scars to show from delivering a variety of projects within the financial services industry and drive to make a difference in an organisation which is undergoing a period of significant change. Responsible for IT projects based around replacing and transitioning from legacy systems and introducing a robust PM structure to the current PM capability to enhance success and improve processes as a matter of course.
The role requires adaptable characters – you will be moving into an SME which is undergoing significant growth, as such there is less an adequate structure at present so a degree of pragmatism and the ability to embrace this high energy environment. As a seasoned professional you will have good exposure to working within a structured project management environment with accreditation to back up the experience. (APMP, PMP, PRINCE2 etc.) and applying structure to projects. Ideally you will have a strategic approach to change and be willing to go the extra mile. To apply for this role please send your current CV and covering letter stating your current salary, notice period and highlighting your relevant experience to the role.
- Experienced project manager with a background in implementing structure to existing and new projects within financial services ideally
- Good exposure to managing IT projects but not a techie – projects include a new website, SW roll outs, harvesting legacy systems etc.
- Background in delivering projects within a structured project management environment utilising PRINCE2, APM, PMI etc with certification to back this up
- Ideally have some exposure to an SME as opposed to blue chip or corporate environments
- Ability to strategically plan change and to work “hands on” throughout the project – not *just* lead teams
- Exceptional team player
- Happy to roll up sleeves and be hands on
- Adaptable approach
- High energy