AP-PM-1134: Project Manager - EDMS
Consultant: Michael Hides
Published: 13 January 2011 10:16
Type: Fixed Term (PAYE)
Salary Detail: £45k-£50k
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Carlisle (or possibly Leeds)
Area: North West
Region: North West - Cumbria
Industry Sector: Professional - Consultancy
Fixed term Project Manager required to define and implement an Electronic Document Management system to increase efficiency and effectiveness across a group of offices spread across Northern England for our professional services client. Reporting to the Managing Partner you will take full responsibility for defining common working practices, identifying the most appropriate EDMS solution, implementing the EDMS, training users and managing the culture change to a paperless office.
Candidates will have demonstrable experience of managing the implementation of an Electronic Document Management System ideally within a professional services environment. Solid project management will be complemented by knowledge of document management software and systems and Citrix business platforms. You will need to demonstrate the application of business process re-engineering as well as an appreciation of the culture change of moving an organisation to a paperless environment. You will be an excellent communicator who is able to provide re-assuring leadership within a family-like culture.
The nature of this role requires extensive travel across Northern England to roll out across a network of office locations with overnight stays. This project is being offered as a medium length (1-2 years) fixed term that has the potential to become a permanent role.
- Capture current working practices through a network of functional and competency based senior management
- Identify best working practice to define EDMS
- Working with IT Director identify and scope the ICT solution
- Define and embed an EDMS strategy, providing best practice EDMS process training
- Provide project management framework and expertise across the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of managing the implementation of an Electronic Document Management System
- Exposure to a professional services environment.
- Solid project management
- Knowledge of document management software and systems
- Knowledge of Citrix business platforms
- Business process re-engineering
- Appreciation of the culture change of moving an organisation to a paperless environment
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals
- Manages change process
- Prepared to travel and stay overnight on regular basis