Facilities Project Management
Facilities Project Management
A growing area in project management, Arras People has seen an increase in facilities management related projects and programmes over the last few years. New builds in both the public and private sector has seen an increased demand for facilities managers with specific experience in project managing - especially managing the commercial and contractual agreements, managing the budgets and ensuring new processes, procedures & systems are in place for an organisations new build. Continued regeneration and refurbishment - again across most sectors - has seen an increased demand for resources with the specific experience of managing special projects.
Arras has resourced refurbishment programmes > £100M to > £1M retail fit outs - all demanding good project management capability to bring the project in under strict timescales and budgets. In 2007 we saw Terminal 5 coming on-line with resource requirements for FM Project Managers and across the wider airport infrastructure, healthcare organisations upgrading tired facilities, new schools, refurbishments and a major London Borough Council relocating 2000 staff.
Arras has worked with a range of organisations and has attracted candidates with significant FM experience to manage programmes and projects through to completion effectively.
Recruit Project Management Staff with Facilities Management Knowledge
Arras People has candidates registered with us looking for permanent and interim project management roles specifically within the facilities function. A small sample gives an insight into the different types of organisations and roles:
- Facilities Project Manager (Property - Refurb and Relocation) for a Local Government Organisation
- Interim Head of Development Services (Facilities / Building Maintenance) for an Prestigious Educational Organisation
- Head of Facilities Management for a Defence Organisation
- Construction Project Managers - Retail Facilities - for a Retail Consultancy Organisation
- Process and Procedure Mapper / Creator - Facilities Management for a Local Government Organisation
Project Manager - Facilities/Construction/Sites for an Advertising Specialist
Arras People provide project management resources at all levels including;
Project Management Candidates
Arras People has registered candidates looking for both permanent and interim roles, a significant proportion have skills and experience within the facilities business function and across many different industry sectors.
- Specific experience within facilities and estates departments in organisations across the public sector - local government, central government, education and NHS
- Site facilities management - security, risk management, health & safety, building maintenance, environmental, contracts and commercial management
- Management of refurbishments, relocations and moves across multiple sectors and varying degrees of scale and budgets. Project support / co-ordinators assisting the project managers in relocations, moves and refurbishing
- Client facing project management - managing third parties - client expectations and stakeholder management
- MSc Facilities Management
- BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management) Membership and associated accreditation
Facilities Project Manager
ICAEW, the membership organisation, looked to the marketplace when an internal project demanded an experienced facilities project manager. Recruiting the project manager on a contract basis allowed the ICAEW to bring the management of the project in-house which not only enabled them to specifically chose someone with the right kind of FM background to fit their needs but also allowed them to control resourcing costs. Arras provides recruitment solutions for permanent, contract, interim and fixed term; flexible resourcing options to suit organisation's budgets.
PPM Job Specifications
Need a job specification for a programme & project management role? Arras People has a library of job specifications available for you to use. Just contact us with the type of job specification you need and we will send you a free copy.