More Information About Arras People
About Arras People
Arras People was established in response to the growing demand for quality, experienced project management resources within many of today's organisations.
Initially focusing purely on supplying programme and project office roles, Arras soon added to its services by becoming a Programme and Project Management recruitment agency in response to a growing demand by our clients.
Arras People now provides excellent programme and project management candidates alongside our professional project office support personnel across all industry sectors.
We're also committed to the advancement of the project management industry - specifically focused on the career aspects of project management practitioners. We provide career resources; workshops and one-to-one advice to project practitioners across the UK.
Why Project Management?
The directors who started the business in 2002 had previously worked as programme managers, project managers and project office managers.
When a once in a lifetime opportunity came along to start their own business, they saw a gap in the market and had experienced firsthand how difficult it was to recruit project management professionals. Arras People was launched as a high quality project management recruitment service.
Now in our second decade in business, Arras People continues to grow and provide quality services beyond that of other project management recruitment agencies, meeting the demands of clients looking for quality project management resources. All of our consultants are project management professionals with experience in providing recruitment and resourcing solutions.
Our project management recruitment services are delivered using best practice project management principles - like initiation, planning and delivery. Throughout the process strong communications are key to ensuring a successful outcome.
Knowledge-Based Project Management Recruitment
When working with you we like to describe our approach as "knowledge-based recruitment", which simply means our consultants have all worked as practitioners within the field of programmes and projects at some point in their careers and are using their first-hand knowledge of programme and project management to find the best person for your role.
For each new requirement we follow a simple but effective method - based very much on the principles of best practice project management: initiation, planning, selection, delivery and support.
Using our prior project management experience and effective process provides us with numerous benefits and differentiators. We pride ourselves in being able to:
- Understand your programme and project objectives within an organisation
- Quickly understand your organisations project culture
- Understand the structures, processes and tools you have in place
- Gather information about your organisations ethos and culture and the people you attract
- Assist in developing your job and person specifications where you may not have them available
- Surpass other project management recruitment agencies with tailorable know-how and experience rivalled by no other
Our approach also gives the following benefits when talking to our candidates:
- We understand the role they perform
- We work to understand the experience and qualifications they have gained
- We spend time finding out about the person behind the C.V.
- We represent all our candidates accurately and with great care
- We represent our clients with accuracy and great care
Our respect for both parties gives us a key differentiator, we do not just broker CV's and as a consequence we have hundreds of project professionals already registered with us and satisfied clients who come back for more.
Project Management Talent Pools
Arras People actively maintains and engages in project management talent pools and communities.
Organisations are looking for and are interested in the attracting the right talent for their projects and programmes - unfortunately a lot of this talent does not actively look for or pursue vacancies or advertised opportunities.
So how can Arras People help?
Arras People create, engage and maintain project management communities throughout the UK. A large part of what we do is about generating interest, discussion and debate within the project management community. Through the creation of quality project management content - both here on this website and throughout the web - we attract project professionals to take part.
We have active social media presence - generating networks within the project management profession. For example; we're very active in the PMO areas of project management - take a look at the PMOSIG group on LinkedIn - engaging with passive 'candidates' within specialist fields of project management.
Arras People helps you to get your opportunities in front of non-job seeking project professionals
Latest News from Arras People
Latest from the Camel Blog
- Snooze and you may loose - Job hunting in December
- Q&A Project Management Careers: Value Based Interviews
- The Penny Drops
- Top 10 Public Sector Project Management Headaches
- Why do I need a separate company identity?
- Q&A Project Management Careers: Networking for Opportunities
- Temporary Contractors?
- Winter PM Webinars - The Project Management CV
- On the up?
- People - our most important asset!